Nachum hosts Tefilla Buxbaum, Director of Resource Development at Yad Ezra V’Shulamit, to discuss their current “Let My Children Eat” Passover campaign. You can help Yad Ezra V’Shulamit’s important work by click the image below:
From the Yad Ezra V’Shulamit site:
Yad Ezra V’Shulamit is fighting a different kind of war. By providing food, clothing, and emergency relief to tens of thousands of Israeli children and their families each year, we’re fighting a battle for the future of our most precious resource – Jewish children.
The poverty crisis in Israel has worsened dramatically since Yad Ezra V’Shulamit’s founding in 1988.
Today, an astonishing one-third of all children live below the poverty line.
Yad Ezra V’Shulamit is reaching out to these forgotten children and their families with these year-round efforts:
- 10,000 weekly food baskets and food vouchers distributed in 91 cities
- 50,000 food baskets distributed for Passover and Rosh Hashanah
- Children’s Centers providing food, educational support and fun activities for 500 children daily
- Distribution of new coats, shoes, backpacks, school supplies, blankets and heaters
- Emergency relief delivering tons of food to victims of war and terror
Yad Ezra V’Shulamit was founded by Mr. Ariel Lurie, a Jerusalem businessman who grew up poor himself. Today Mr. Lurie runs the organization, together with hundreds of volunteers, who do their best to make sure every child knows that he will be fed and clothed, and personally cared for as much as any other child with means.