Nachum and Mark Gerson, International Chairman of United Hatzalah, discussed Mark’s new book, “The Telling: How Judaism’s Essential Book Reveals the Meaning of Life.”
From the book’s Amazon page:
God didn’t design the Seder to put your kids to sleep.
Instead, the Seder is an experience your family should love, treasure and remember.
Have you ever wondered that there might be something more to Passover, the Seder and in the Haggadah―something that just might hold the secrets to living the life of joy and meaning that you were intended to?
In The Telling, Mark Gerson, host of The Rabbi’s Husband podcast and renowned Jewish philanthropist, shows us how to make the Seder the most engaging, inspiring, and important night of the Jewish year. By using this book, you’ll be able to:
· Lead the Seder with wisdom, confidence and fun that guests will remember
· Make the Haggadah burst alive with insight for our opportunities, questions and challenges
· Show Gentile friends the richness of the Jewish tradition
· Instill a lasting love of Judaism within your children
· Bring your family closer together and closer to God
The Telling will enable you to see what the Haggadah really is: The Greatest Hits of Jewish Thought. This understanding will enable you to provide your guests with the most interesting, insightful and practically helpful night of the year―with teachings and lessons that will continue to brighten in the year to come.